Finance Advisor - Public/CIPFA
Public Finance Advisor - CIPFA
Permanent - full time
Remote/flexible working (London, Chester & Edinburgh)
4 day working week
£55,000 - £70,000 + benefits
Sentinel are working with a UK based international accountancy company. They are looking for a public finance advisor with extensive and current knowledge of CIPFA codes and practice, to work on a unique and company defining project.
The successful candidate will be joining a supportive team of finance and policy professionals. You will review public finance technical guidance notes, code and practice and work with a small project team in conjunction with IT support and a Digital Content Designer to map these codes into a new user friendly' digital format.
- Review public finance technical guidance notes, codes and practices.
- Be the subject matter expert of public finance codes and guidance.
- Develop training and other products and where appropriate.
- Assist with the delivery of training and product delivery.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for someone that has a strong mix and understanding of the following skills and experience:
- Subject matter knowledge in the regulatory framework for public sector in the UK and particularly local authority accounting and financial reporting.
- Deep understanding and technical expertise of the operation and use of CIPFA Codes of Practice and their supporting guidance publications.
- Experience of national legislatures across the UK.
- A robust and up to date knowledge of CIPFA Codes and Practice.
- Strong and effective communication skills, in particular, how technical information might best be presented for accounts preparers (particularly local authorities) and auditors.
- Proven project management skills.
- Proactive and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and networking skills with a persuasive and convincing approach to explaining and resolving complex issues to clients.
- The ability to deliver high standards, of team working and integrated solutions to complex problems.